[Sidefx-houdini-list] New to Linux, Install Help

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Tue Jan 15 16:12:36 EST 2008

On Tuesday 15 January 2008 16:04, Chris M H King wrote:
> I believe that matching the version of the license server on different
> machines is important for  mantra -H network renders. "The most common
> technical issues that arise when using network rendering are either that
> the rendering server’s version of hserver does not match the version
> running on the host,.."

	You're right about hserver, but that's not part of the license server
package.  Everytime you start a SESI product, it looks for hserver.  If it's
not running, it will start it from whatever distribution you're running.
This talks to sesinetd, which is the license server.  So yup, it's important
to have consistent hservers running, but this isn't related to the server.
To sync up hservers, you can easily write a script that essentially runs:

	hserver -q
	hserver

	on each machine, and you're good to go.

	Cheers,