[Sidefx-houdini-list] New to Linux, Install Help

Chris M H King chris at kingcamera.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 16:04:11 EST 2008

I believe that matching the version of the license server on different machines is important for  mantra -H network renders.
"The most common technical issues that arise when using network rendering are either that the rendering server’s version of hserver does not match the version running on the host,.."

On Tuesday 15 January 2008 12:59, Georg Dümlein wrote:

> > I guessed it is necessary to install the license software each time as all
> > mantra nodes need to be at the same version number?

	The licensing is different from any of the executables.  You only need to
install the licensing once, that is unless there's a major release change(as
when we went from H8 to H9), or if there's a specific bug in the licensing
version(very, very rare).

	Cheers,

	J.C.

--
Chris M H King
Rostrum Cameraman

	"My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus
		and of a famous person."
	Andy Warhol (August 6, 1928 - February 22, 1987)