[Sidefx-houdini-list] Maya API access to "sets"?

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 06:01:06 EST 2008

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience parsing "sets" in Maya to convert to
Houdini groups in a .geo exporter? 'cause I'm trying to write one and
of course, I don't know Maya all that well which doesn't help but
conceptually things are a bit different too.

Specifically, as I build the string arrays for each object I'm saving
from Maya, I need to build an array of group (i.e. set) membership.
This is complicated by the fact that a set can contain points/faces
from multiple Maya objects.

All suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

Peter B