[Sidefx-houdini-list] New to Linux, Install Help

robert east east.robert at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 17:58:07 EST 2008

Hi
  using " sudo "  I found it locked the file permissions for houdini folder
in my home directory. To get around this problem ina terminal I used
"gksudo nautilus" which then enabled me to alter the file permissions
directly using the gui instead of using a terminal to set the file
permissions. I did find again that the license process just kept giving me
errors. On restart though the license server started and worked. Still not
worked out the why for that.