[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini Desktop setup tutorials

Garman Lists garman_lists at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 14 14:21:06 EST 2008

After one month in Beijing with only H9 to use I started to really like
some of the new GUI features.  But still think that the transition will
be tough, especially trying to load in pre-H9 hip files and spending the
time to revise them before they are useful.

The new material setup for one is a major step backwards.  Seeing the
word "depreciated" in your SOP network isn't funny at all.  This got me
so angry enough for a week I could hardly talk about Houdini to anyone.

Long term, yes I like the changes.  But...