[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini on a Mac.. again

brian goodwin brian.r.goodwin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 04:12:35 EST 2008

hey all

My understanding was that Direct X accel was offered with VMware,
but houdini does work and I agree with Ihab, it saves having to reboot when
u just quickly want to try something,
I dont think that the performance is near to what u'd experience within
linux or windows, esspecially when you load up a rather big scene.

I'm just holding thumbs for propper acceleration to be offered at some
point.

cheers

On Jan 14, 2008 6:05 AM, Andras Ikladi <andras.ikladi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't it Dx only? I don't think they support OGL just yet.
>
> On Jan 13, 2008 6:18 PM, Ihab AbdelRazek <ihab.razek at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > VMware Fusion has 3d acceleration and supports multiprocessors (max 2)
> per
> > virtual machine. I tried parallels first but it kept crashing when i
> > opened
> > houdini.

brian