[Sidefx-houdini-list] DOP Impact

Craig Zerouni craig at zerouni.com
Sun Jan 13 19:33:18 EST 2008

A very handsome fellow wrote a book about Houdini, and on page 121 he
explains how to do this. Here's what it says, more or less:

Put down a Modify Data DOP. In the Value 0 Name field, put something
like "hasBeenHit" (no quotes) and make the Type a Boolean. Set the Value
to 1.

Now in the Activation field (at the top of the parameters) put this:
dopnumrecords("/obj/dopnet1", "objectname", "Impacts", "Impacts")
where "objectname" is the name of object that bounces off the wall and
"/obj/dopnet1" is the path to your DOPnet.

This will create a boolean value when there is impact, and that boolean
will persist from then on. So you would test the value of that variable
with a dopfield() command every frame, and once there is a collision,
the "hasBeenHit" variable will return a value of 1.

CZ