[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini on a Mac.. again

Abdul-Kareem Abo-Namous anamous at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 05:54:09 EST 2008

we have windows32, win64, and ubuntu64 on 8-core macpros under heavy usage
by the maya team, and apprentice 9 runs like a charm on mine (ubuntu).

this is a good guide to setting up ubuntu64 on the mac pro:

http://macprolinux.blogspot.com/2007/10/installing-ubuntu-710-gutsy-on-mac-pro.html

one note though: get one of the new mac pros, and get it with an nvidia 8800
card - the current gen standard 7300gs or so really isnt fit for 3d work.

cheers,
Abdelkareem