[Sidefx-houdini-list] laptop

Dave Nunez nunezd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 14:27:18 EST 2008

Hey Louis, I purchased a precision m4300 6 months ago and is rock
solid, and graphics are superb for both games and work.  I haven't had
time to install linux on it yet but will soon.  I originally purchased
an IBM t61
and found it really slow to work with, so I returned it and got the
dell.  No complaints what soever yet, I also purchased the extended 3
year warranty which also covers drops.  One thing that I noticed
though is that the battery life is not that good, and that can be
attributed to the power hungry nvidia card it comes with.

hth, -d

On Jan 9, 2008 10:03 AM, Peter Bowmar <pbowmar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nope but when we travel it's the only laptop we take with us :)
> Actually, she's keen to do some animation but doesn't have any time.
>
> On 09/01/2008, Adrian Lee <dryrainstudios at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Peter - does your wife use houini too?
> >
> > On 08/01/2008, Peter Bowmar <pbowmar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I bought my wife a cheap HP laptop ($800 Canadian, 1GB Ram,
> > > Athlon64Turion, 80 gb drive, Nvidia 6600 Go graphics) and it runs
> > > Houdini perfectly under XP. Very lightweight, CPU stepdown option on
> > > battery for long battery life etc. Very happy! Sorry don't remember
> > > the model.
> > >
> > > Cheers,

When things get too complicated, it sometimes makes sense to stop and
wonder: Have I asked the right question?
-Enrico Bombieri