[Sidefx-houdini-list] laptop

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 15:42:26 EST 2008

2008/1/8, Peter Robbinson <probbins at sympatico.ca>:

> I'm exclusive linux (Ubuntu 7.04 and 7.10(64bit)), both are rock solid
> as is Houdini on both.
>
> My old laptop, which I love, is an Acer 1710. It's a brute, with
> full-sized components, but I'm very happy with it.
> One of the main reasons I bought this one was because the video card
> wasn't lobotomized to save battery life.
>
> My new laptop is an HP. I needed something quick and portable. HP
> pavilion dv2500. A quarter of the weight of the acer, and being 4 years
> newer much faster.
>
> Any windows app. that I might use I run with Wine. Even on my old laptop
> Photoshop in Wine runs quick enough.

Hi Peter, is not related with this thread but  I am curious, what version of
wine are you using and waht version of photoshop?
Are you using a wacom with it? If yes,The pressure from the wacom works in
Photoshop too?
Thanks and sorry for the off-topic

I see no advantage to the Mac's and the bling isn't worth the extra cash

Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez