[Sidefx-houdini-list] New to Linux, Install Help

Peter Robbinson probbins at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 8 13:50:08 EST 2008

On the command line,

-source houdini_setup_bash     ( Ubuntu uses a bash shell by default)

-hkey  (which will start the license administrator, and if there is
still a problem the server key button at the bottom will be red)

-sudo /etc/init.d/sesinetd restart

-then in the View menu of the administrator choose Refresh. Hopefully
the server will be validated.

PeterR