[Sidefx-houdini-list] laptop

Peter Robbinson probbins at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 8 10:56:05 EST 2008

I'm exclusive linux (Ubuntu 7.04 and 7.10(64bit)), both are rock solid
as is Houdini on both.

My old laptop, which I love, is an Acer 1710. It's a brute, with
full-sized components, but I'm very happy with it.
One of the main reasons I bought this one was because the video card
wasn't lobotomized to save battery life.

My new laptop is an HP. I needed something quick and portable. HP
pavilion dv2500. A quarter of the weight of the acer, and being 4 years
newer much faster.

Any windows app. that I might use I run with Wine. Even on my old laptop
Photoshop in Wine runs quick enough.

I see no advantage to the Mac's and the bling isn't worth the extra cash
you have to fork over for the privilege.

PeterR