[Sidefx-houdini-list] laptop

brian goodwin brian.r.goodwin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:27:49 EST 2008

Hey François

I unforunately dont use linux, at work i do, but at home I mostly play with
a windows build, and mostly to test sims or vex.
but have been very happy with the general performance.

In as far as cost for what you're getting, well the laptop is cheap, but the
two cool stickers are really what ups the price :)

Louis, I think when looking at the option of which laptop, what do you
actually do on it? ie, is it for bits here and there, or is it acting like a
work station?

:)

On Jan 8, 2008 3:22 PM, François Duchesneau <sidefx at trinix.ca> wrote:

> I think Mac are great machines but I've always wondered why they were
> that expensive. Maybe the sceen quality, maybe the anti-shock sensor and
> all those gadgets.
>
> However if someone doesn't want Windows and can afford using only Linux
> because of Photoshop etc then that's the way to go. Maybe I've got my
> answer here ;)
>
> Brian, do you use Houdini under Linux? I've always wondered if it works
> well?
>
> François
>
> brian goodwin wrote:
> > well some people will hate me
> > but the mac book pro is a wonderful tool, even if u have to run another
> > operating os.
> > i even get a bit of use out of houdini under fusion.
> > :)
> >

> > On Jan 8, 2008 3:02 PM, Jean-Claude Nouchy <jclaude at mimgfx.com> wrote:
> >

> >> I use thinkpads since years.. rock solid.
> >> I use Fedora and Ubuntu. on them.

> >> --
> >> .:: jean-claude ::.
> >> .:: mimgfx.com  ::.