[Sidefx-houdini-list] New to Linux, Install Help

Floyd Gillis floyd at afcg.com
Tue Jan 8 00:03:02 EST 2008

I seem to recall having licensing problems when I had the server running
(mistakenly) with the 127.0.0.1 IP address.

My network was set up with machines using 192.168.0.??? addresses,  (you
can use other numbers of course), but the linux install added the server
name to the localhost line by default.

You still need the localhost line in your /etc/hosts file... just don't
have your machine name on the same line.

For example... this...

127.0.0.1   localhost   server_name
192.168.0.101   server_name
192.168.0.102   machine_2
192.168.0.103   machine_3
192.168.0.104   machine_4

should be changed to this...

127.0.0.1   localhost
192.168.0.101   server_name
192.168.0.102   machine_2
192.168.0.103   machine_3
192.168.0.104   machine_4

Not sure if this is your problem though.

Good luck.