[Sidefx-houdini-list] New to Linux, Install Help

JUSTIN REEVES jreeves16 at msn.com
Mon Jan 7 23:21:19 EST 2008

Ok this is what Ive tried
first I run sudo which I believe lasts 15min.
then I run "source houdini_setup" in the Houdini9 dir. I installed it in
which is(home/justin/Houdini9)
then I run sesinetd
then I run hkey and get the "invalid server key".
SO then I tried running houdini, and choosing the "install non-commercial
license"
and get back the other error.

Here is the hkey Diag.

Diagnostic Output:
==================
If you are having licensing problems, please save this information and email
it
to support at sidefx.com.

License Administrator output:
=============================
Generated on:                           Mon Jan  7 21:14:06 2008
Local host name:                        3Dmachine
Local server code:                      822b0300
Local ip address:                       127.0.1.1
Number of servers:                      1
License server name:                    3Dmachine (3Dmachine)
   License server server code:          822b0300
   Server ip address:                   127.0.1.1
   License server is running:           Yes
   May read licenses from server:       Yes
   Has SERVER license:                  No
   License server version:              9.0.794
   May modify server from this machine: No (no license file permissions)
   Redundant server keys:               0
        Name                            Code       Redundant  Connected
Transmission OK
        ----                            ----       ---------  ---------
---------------
License Administrator version:          9.0.794
Http proxy host:                        (none)
Can retrieve http://license.sidefx.com/index.php: Yes

Installed licenses:
    LicID    Platform   Product                        Ver Avail Expiry
    -----    --------   -------                        --- ----- ------

sesictrl -i output:
===================
----- SERVER 3Dmachine --------

*** WARNING *** - No valid server lines found

hserver -l output:
==================
Hostname:       3Dmachine       [Linux (little endian)]
Uptime:         0:12:49 [Started: Mon Jan  7 21:01:22 2008]
License Server: 3Dmachine
Server Version: sesinetd9.0.794
Version:        Houdini9.0.794
ReadAccess:     +.+.+.*