[Sidefx-houdini-list] New to Linux, Install Help

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Mon Jan 7 09:03:40 EST 2008

On Monday 07 January 2008 09:04, Rob Pieké wrote:
> So on that note, where does the license file actually go? Is it possible
> to make that directory globally writeable?

	No, you should be installing the license as root.  This is fairly common.  I
suppose you could make it writable(/usr/lib/sesi), but I wouldn't do that,
it's definitely insecure pratice to be playing with permissions in /usr/lib.
Fiddling with the files in there could invalidate your license, anway.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada