[Sidefx-houdini-list] Recursive OTL search paths in h9?

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Mon Jan 7 02:13:51 EST 2008

Hey folks,

I used to use HOUDINI_OTL_PATH in h8 to reference an assets directory
that had nested directories full of .otls, where  the base directory had
an OPlibraries file #including the subdirectories where the actual .otl
files lived....

/job/assets/OPlibraries
--------------
#include "system_otls/OPlibraries"
#include "part_otls/OPlibraries"
#include "shot_otls/OPlibraries"

Now in h9 the HOUDINI_OTL_PATH doesn't seem to be being respected. I try
the HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH and that will work, but ignores the OPlibraries
files and doesn't scan recursively. Is there a solution to this that
doesn't require me to put in all the sub-directories into the scan path?

Am I doing this wrong?

Cheers,
r.

--
Rangi Sutton                      Kanuka Studio Pty Ltd
rangi at kanuka.com.au               http://www.kanuka.com.au/