[Sidefx-houdini-list] New to Linux, Install Help

JUSTIN REEVES jreeves16 at msn.com
Sun Jan 6 18:22:36 EST 2008

Hi Guys, Sorry for the remedial Linux problems.
Im new to this OS so Im trying to start Using Ubuntu.
I want to run H on it but am not having much luck.

The only way It seems to get close, I have to open a terminal
run houdini_setup
run sesinetd
then when I check hkey it says invalid server key .

If I try to run houdini, I get the to install non-commercial license but get
error.

"unable to read modify license file"

I could just run it on my XP machine but I would rather run it on this more
stable OS.
plus it has a better Video Card, faster machine more memory.

Any help would be appreciated, in setting this up to run, Im used to windows
and not needing to open a terminal, or run all the apps separately.

Thank

Justin Reeves