[Sidefx-houdini-list] Warped Camera Lense

Mark Elendt mark at sidefx.com
Thu Feb 28 14:11:42 EST 2008

On Thursday Feb 28 at 10:10, Adam Glazier wrote:
> I found the lens curvature control your talking about in the Mantra
> View folder.  Added it, rendered and now see the bent lense :)
> Thanks for the tip.
>
> Is there a different control, something I'm missing, or do I have to
> use another render to do this?  The other way I thought of doing
> this is to create a modeled lense in SOPs and position it in front
> of the camera to bend the light the way I want.

Another way to do this would be to stick a grid in front of the
camera, and apply a "lens" shader on the grid.  The lens shader would
fire off rays in the direction that you wanted the rays bent.

It's not a built-in control, but you might look at something like:
    http://terpsichore.stsci.edu/~summers/viz/fisheye/
which is what a quick google search gave me.