[Sidefx-houdini-list] Warped Camera Lense

Adam Glazier adam_glazier at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 13:10:34 EST 2008

I found the lens curvature control your talking about in the Mantra > View folder.  Added it, rendered and now see the bent lense :)  Thanks for the tip.

It seems to bend angles in the general way I want, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't get a fisheye (180 degree) bend.  It seems that the more I bend it, the less of the sides I see.  Almost as if it's zooming in and bending.

An example would be if you put a fisheye lense on the ground in a football field.  With a true 180 degree range of view, you would see the fencing that lines the field, even though it's only about 1 degree higher than the lense.  With my attempt to use the lense curvature control at extreme settings, it starts at more like 45 degrees.

Is there a different control, something I'm missing, or do I have to use another render to do this?  The other way I thought of doing this is to create a modeled lense in SOPs and position it in front of the camera to bend the light the way I want.