[Sidefx-houdini-list] converting UV to XY in COPs

Simon Kapeniak szymon.kapeniak at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 20:53:01 EST 2008

Yes, as Edward said this won't be easy... unless, as Gene said, you can
recreate this distortion effect in Sops also.
Then you don't have to use the old school PointSOP but crazy fast Point
Cloud support in SOPs :).
With which you can literally compute your vectors for every pixel in a plate
- since even 2K footage would give as little as ~3 million points in each
channel - piece of cake for points clouds (specially not displayed in
GUI...).

More over I think that VEX distortion from Cops can be performed in SOPs
with just a little changes.
Maybe you can even create PC in COPs..? You can access it for sure. The
trick with PC goes around the fact that you can apply a number to every
pixel and thus keeps a track where it was repositioned.

cheers,
Simon