[Sidefx-houdini-list] converting UV to XY in COPs

Gene Dreitser keyframe at rogers.com
Wed Feb 27 19:18:41 EST 2008

I think you might SOL Jerry.

If the function does not return 'somevalue' to describe how the image was distorted you'd have to rely on matching unique rgb values from one image to the next (assuming they were unique in the base image to begin with) -- which MAY be possible if it weren't for filtering that will inevitably take place.  This obviously says nothing for pixels that by virtue of distortion get pushed outside the image boundaries.

The only thing I can think of is applying the same transformation (distortion?!) in sops to a grid, and then using the ole' point sop do a $TX2-$TX type'o'gag.  you can then convert that to NDC by projecting uvs from the camera.

I could be misunderstanding something though -- it's been a long day.

Gene Dreitser
Loki Visual Effects
416.803.0682