[Sidefx-houdini-list] polyloft interactively

Ben Schrijvers ben.schrijvers at guerrilla-games.com
Wed Feb 27 09:54:31 EST 2008

Hi there,

Allmost unbelievable but I'm actually modeling manually in Houdini at
the moment...
I need to stitch up two intersecting shapes and make them into one
single surface.
At the intersection I'm creating new edges with PolySplit.
Then blast all overlapping unneeded poly's.

Now I need to stitch/loft the two shapes together at the just created
new edges.. which are now after the blast the outer edge of the shapes.

The question is can I interactively use PolyLoft?
Or should I try PolyStitch?

My workaround now is to create (by snapping to edges) two curves and
PolyLoft those.
Then fuse the three surfaces together.

But that's a lot of nodes and oldschool network wiring.. is there a more
artisty way?

cheers,
benS