[Sidefx-houdini-list] Warped Camera Lense

Adam Glazier adam_glazier at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 16:45:15 EST 2008

Recently I framed a shot on site with designers over my shoulder.  They kept wanting the camera to mimic a real lense...similar to a fisheye or super-wide angle lense.  The only controls I found in the camera object that seemed to exaggerate things was Focal Length and Aperture, and both seemed to do identical things.  The focal length warps the cameras output, but in a very straight and linear way.  Where as the look I am going for is very bowed where straight lines could never exist near the edge of the frame.

I must be missing something obvious or is this a hard things to do?

- Adam