[Sidefx-houdini-list] HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH??

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Fri Feb 22 13:44:50 EST 2008

Looking for a little help on the exact syntax to get this env
variable working correctly.

If I type in
setenv HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH	/mycomputer/my_otls/

Then Houdini can find the otls in this location. However, it can
no longer find the ones that ship with Houdini in $HFS/houdini/otls.
So, things like point light from the shelf no longer works ......
which is not good.

If I put in two paths I get error "too many arguments for setenv".

So my question is how do I enter this correctly so Houdini sees both
directories
...... or ultimately any number of directories??

I get the same behavior in 9.0 or 9.1.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Larry