[Sidefx-houdini-list] Hythonic Viewport Splitting and cam association

caleb at howlor.com caleb at howlor.com
Tue Feb 19 14:33:08 EST 2008

I'm diving headlong into the HOM thingie with both feet, as it were.

I have a question.  There is a viewport multi-view option - to split the
viewport into four views, and the like.  I've set it up with two small
views on the Left, and one bigger one on the Right, and attached a top,
side, and front view camera to each.  I've also set it up with that
configuration as a Desktop, which I have saved.

Unfortunately, when I select that desktop, I get the "no cam" in each of
the three viewport subpanes.  Should it not associate the cameras, or is
that problematic because of the hip-dependent nature of camera definitions.
I suspect that's it, as I thik of it now.

OK, so I want to set the three view viewport, or a desktop with that
assigned in a hython script.  Also, I'd like to associate specific cameras
to those viewport subpanes with hython.

Any Hints?

Thanks!