[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDK: read and write files

Ivan DeWolf ivan at martian-labs.com
Mon Feb 18 12:31:51 EST 2008

are you looking for a simple way to use a SESI file format, such as a .bgeo?
make a GDP dump out as a .bgeo? just use the GEO_Detail->save(foo.bgeo) call,
isn't it? or are you trying to write your own simplified cache file? it sounds
like that's what you are looking for, and that would be up to you to handle, of
course...

Quoting Simon Barrick <simon at primalpictures.com>:

> Hi,
> I need to write some data from a sop written in the HDK to a cache file
> so I can then read it back with other instances of the same sop. Has
> anyone got any pointers on what classes to look at. There seem to be a
> number of file util classes but I haven't found anything that looks
> quite like what I need. I need to get this done pretty quickly so any
> pointers would be very useful.
> The other option might be to save the data into the hip file itself but
> at the moment I've only found an example that shows that as private data
> which I don't think I can then access with other sops.
>
> Cheers
> Si

> This communication is from Primal Pictures Ltd., a company registered in
> England and Wales with registration No. 02622298 and registered office: 4th
> Floor, Tennyson House, 159-165 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PA, UK.
> VAT registration No. 648874577.
>
> This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and
> used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please
> contact the sender immediately by return e-mail or by telephoning +44(0)20
> 7637 1010. Please then delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to
> any person.
> This email has been scanned for Primal Pictures by the MessageLabs Email
> Security System.

-Ivan