[Sidefx-houdini-list] Extracting poly edges as a curve

Ben Schrijvers ben.schrijvers at guerrilla-games.com
Mon Feb 18 12:26:11 EST 2008

The is a lot of functionality hidden like that.
In the past some of those have been splitted from the original node.
For backward compatibility the features where kept in the original node.
I like using Blast or Ends instead of the Delete or Primitive Sop as
they feel lighter and make the network more readable.
Still waiting for a Calcutate Normals Sop myself...

Another solution is to create something (toolshelf?) that's called Keep
Unshared Edges that drops down a Divide Sop with the needed settings.
Maybe some experienced users (who use an Add Sop to delete geometry but
keep points, actually the Delete Sop can do the same now) could set
those up.
In the end when you're experienced you'll know where to find these features.

cheers,
benS