[Sidefx-houdini-list] z-depth maps from lights

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Wed Feb 13 17:48:27 EST 2008

Thanks John,

Actually I have done that a number of times myself, but today I did
have an H9 light.

I probably should have clarified that I am trying to render a
sequence of
Z-depth images to disk for use in a Fog shader ( not shadows). I'm just
trying to generate some quick light beams for a motion test right now.

So I was looking for an equivalent to the old option in the H8 output
drive
where you could check on the "Z depth image" option on the standard tab
of the output driver ........ then render out a bunch of z-depth
images using
a light as the camera.

Is that still an option somewhere on the H9 output driver ....... or
maybe
I need to add a parameter ( as with displacement bound for objects)??

Larry