[Sidefx-houdini-list] z-depth maps from lights

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Wed Feb 13 16:45:42 EST 2008

On Wednesday 13 February 2008 16:41, Larry Giunta wrote:
> I'm trying to render z-depth maps from a light in H9
> How can I access this option in H9. Is it a parameter I need to add??
> ( this is strangely reminiscent of the first day I tried to render
> with motion blur in H9)

	I have a feeling you're not using a real H9 light.  Start a fresh session,
throw down a 'light'(which comes up 'hlight1').  You'll find the shadowmap
stuff in Shadows, then look down, Depth Map Options, Auto generate...

	I've been caught more than once, loading up an old job, where I'll actually
not have an H9.1 light but an imported H8 light - and it's missing most of
it's params.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada