[Sidefx-houdini-list] random fur scale

symek at poczta.onet.pl symek at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Feb 12 06:51:05 EST 2008

Very interesting application of CVEX would be particle population in render-time. Take only a few guide particles (like 10.000) and populate from that millions controlling their behaviour with CVEX. I wonder if anyone tried to do this in H9 already or if there are an appropriate dso around (shipped with Houdini?) since as I understand CVEX has to refer to dso build that way, right? Mantra has a point primitive, so this wouldn't be much trouble as I suppose. Looks like a killer feature - as to me. Don't you think?

Simon.