[Sidefx-houdini-list] random fur scale

Fred Valleur fred.valleur at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 19:56:53 EST 2008

As Ivan already mentionned, VEX has a SIMD architecture, so it might not be
a huge gain here. A more direct application is to create geometry in C++ and
modify data attributes with CVex shaders. C++ offers you the ability to
allocate/desallocate memory (and hence create geometry), which is not
possible in VEX, but nearly everything else can be done in a CVex shader at
run-time.

So you could for example create particles in C++ and modify their positions,
width, etc... in VEX to have the best of both worlds.

  Cheers,
  Fred.

--
Frederic Valleur | LaMaison