[Sidefx-houdini-list] OTL available only in one file

Andras Ikladi andras.ikladi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 07:10:03 EST 2008

I can't try it right now, but doesn't mantra feature an almost full
blown hscript engine? If you launch mantra with no stream inwards, you
can try it yourself it it can echo your variable (you could try help
-k, if I remember correctly to get more documentation). I would
suspect it can use envvars (but I may be wrong..easy enough to try).

This obviously supposes that mantra is launched from the same or
similar shell environment as Houdini and has the same variables
available.

On the other hand, as IFD's tend to be relatively static (ie. use
once..at least compared to Rib that uses the same format for archive
and main render stream purposes) without parsing, I don't see that
much point either (and if you're doing parsing already, you can just
as easily identify a network path than an envvar).

cheers,
Andras