[Sidefx-houdini-list] reconstructing geometry from photos...

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 15:35:49 EST 2008

I have used pixel farm some time ago, maybe a couple of years to craete very
simple geometry to project textures on.
Basically if i remember correctly pftrack allows you to create geometry from
feature points, very simple geo but good enough if you don't need a close
up, and the geo matched with the projected footage perfectly.

2008/2/7, paul simpson <paul at realisestudio.com>:

> hi all,
>
> doing some r+d here - into building geometry (a street) from photos/video.
> so far i've looked at:
> - photomodeler  http://www.photomodeler.com
> - image modeler http://www.realviz.com/
> - pftrack - pixel farm
> - eye-tronics http://www.eyetronics.com
>
> ...i'm specifically wanting to build a whole city block - as seen from eye
> height from the pavement.  has anyone had any experience with any of the
> above software (or services as in the eye-tronics case)?  would love to
> hear
> any success stories - or maybe more importantly any horror stories...
>
> or any other thoughts/suggestions most welcome...
>
> regards,
>
> paul

Un saludo
Best Regards