[Sidefx-houdini-list] reconstructing geometry from photos...

Jerry Corda-Stanley jerry at intelligentcreatures.com
Thu Feb 7 14:46:27 EST 2008

Hi Paul

Imagemodeler isn't too bad. You have to supply it a few differing angles to
cover as much of your subject as possible, and have enough common points over
three of the pictures for it to calibrate. Once that's done it does a fairly
decent job of matching additional points you add for modeling. I actually used
this to model a few heads we snapped at Rock Circus with decent results.

PFTrack I don't think has the ability to use support stills. But it has a handy
feature allowing you to drop a guide box into your track which you could align to
a convenient building to "snap" you camera lens into place. After that it should be
a doddle to add geometry.

Hope that helps some.