[Sidefx-houdini-list] my non-rational NURBS surface gets rational when written to disk

Robert Kelly isstuff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 13:47:47 EST 2008

my non-rational NURBS surface gets rational when written to disk!?
And is messing up my creep!

i am making a fairly heavy network and wanted to include some writing and
reading from disk to make it a bit more stable. Only to find that my creep
went funny when I read it from disk. after some head scratching i spotted
that the one from disk becomes  rational when read in, while the geometry
that it is meant to be writing to disk is non-rational.

So how do I ether have it read and write properly {BUG?} or as a band aid
solution make my now rational nurbs surface back into a non-rational one?

I am on the mac 9.5.303
Robert