[Sidefx-houdini-list] Mantra ROP Preset

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 15:05:43 EST 2008

I've been waiting until there are a few more tools to manage them.

Problem with the new presets is: You can't edit them by hand since
they have binary or something that pooches them when you break them
apart. I still use the "old" .preset files for this reason :(

Mark T placed a Python script on the Forum somewhere that breaks apart
and reassembles Gallery files so you can mung them yourself but a bit
more officially support tool would be needed IMO to use them in
production.

The old presets were great, you could just hidx expand them and merge
a bunch together. Now, very hard  to do which makes them hard to use
in production since you (well, me at least) often want to save a
preset to $HOME or $SHOT but later merge the preset up into the $JOB
level or something similar.

Haven't really looked in 9.5 to see if anything has been made more
betterer though.

Cheers,

Peter B