[Sidefx-houdini-list] copy a changed otl

Michael K O'Brien mobrien at pixar.com
Wed Dec 10 16:27:28 EST 2008

Hola~

We have an otl that is specific to a character. A TD took that otl, made it
editable for one shot, and the changed the otl for another character. The
fact that we can do that at all is awesome.

The director then decided to include the effect on the second character in a
bunch of other shots.

In the OTL Manager, you can copy an otl. It looks like this copies and
renamed the definition of the original otl (which is reasonable, but not
what I want). We would like to copy the modified instance of the otl, not
the definition of the otl.

Anyone have a clever way to do that?

MO

--
Michael K O'Brien
mobrien at pixar.com
Pixar

HEDBERG: I played golf. I'm not good at golf. I never got a hole-in-one, but
         I did hit a guy. That's way more satisfying. You're supposed to
         yell, "Fore," but I was too busy mumbling, "There ain't no way
         that's going to hit him."