[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini used as Solidworks

kuba roth kuba.roth at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 19:00:31 EST 2008

Why not give a try. Of course houdini lacks some pretty fundamental tools
(such as simple distance tool). But supports nicely nurbs and it is capable
of exporting iges and dxfs. IGES are sufficient almost everywhere, same with
dxfs which is the standard as far as I know with CNC. The only problem is
that every software but autocad can read the dxf exported from houdini (due
to some header problems) - which is a shame. It would be useful to have also
an option to export dwg... maybe in H11 relese.

Recently I've been using houdini in conjunction with rhino and cad and I am
quite happy about the results :)

Cheers
kuba