[Sidefx-houdini-list] transfer attributes from metaballs to geometry?

Robert Kelly isstuff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 12:27:08 EST 2008

hmm attribute transfer only listens to the  attribute and the location of
the center of the metaball, not the weight of the metaball. to test it you
make a big strong red metaball and suround it with 4 small weak blue ones
and see what colour the grid listens to. rangi's trick that works on one
atribute is to get a magnet sop and move the geometry in the Y and mesure
the difrence between each points position and that will give you the
strength of the metaball at each points location. But this dosent get you
the colour.

 Andrew D Lyons methoud works to an extent (the closest to it ) but not at
the heart of the metaball

I think i will have look into a vex related answer. Unless there is some
more surgestions?

Robert