[Sidefx-houdini-list] shelfs

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 18:53:06 EST 2008

I haven't gotten into Shelves yet, but perhaps your HOUDINI_SHELF_PATH
variable searching could be modified?

Anywhere I've been, I ensure $HIH is at the end of the search path to
prevent people overriding things (shaders etc) that may be needed
upstream.

so:

$SHOT:$SEQ:$SHOW:$HSITE:$HIH:$HFS

with first one found winning. Don't know if the Shelves work this way,
if not I'd say it was a bug or an oversight in the design. Plus of
course permissions preventing someone saving their custom changes over
the $HSITE one of course.

Cheers,

Peter B