[Sidefx-houdini-list] shelfs

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 13:21:58 EST 2008

As Michael describes - the problem is the way things in your central
$HSITE repo can get hidden/overriden by things in $HIH. Rolling out
global changes is straightforward until a user "X" makes their own
shelf etc. At that point the shelf sets flagged as visible globally
may differ from those user "X" has. All the shelf objects defined in
the HSITE /repo are still loaded and available however - and it's just
a case of making them visible as I described in the previous email.
Ultimately, shelves are all xml/python - so there's probably some
pretty trick configuration options available that can be used to get
any desired behavior.

Cheers