[Sidefx-houdini-list] Games engine compatibilty Houdini

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Tue Dec 2 04:54:56 EST 2008

Hi Darren,

We would be interested in this...

Kind regards,

Phil.

Philip Spicer
Programme Leader - MA Digital Effects
National Centre for Computer Animation
Bournemouth University - UK

http://uk.youtube.com/user/NCCADigitalFX

-----Original Message-----
From: sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com [mailto:sidefx-houdini-list-bounces at sidefx.com] On Behalf Of Darran Edmundson
Sent: 01 December 2008 13:57
To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] Games engine compatibilty Houdini

Phil Spicer wrote:
> I remember a while ago SESI posted some news about Houdini now being compatible with a certain Games Engine. Can anyone remember what that Games Engine is?

A couple of years ago we commissioned an H8 exporter for the open-source graphics engine Ogre3D (www.ogre3d.org).  One of the nice things about Ogre, besides the vibrant user community, is the existence of mature python bindings (http://www.pythonogre.com/).  It was always our intention to open-source the exporter and port it to H9.  If there's interest in this, we could go ahead and get it done post-haste ...

Cheers,
Darran

--
Darran Edmundson [darran at edmstudio.com]