[Sidefx-houdini-list] Particles birthing from a deleted source

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Mon Dec 1 23:11:27 EST 2008

Hello,

Is there a reason why particles number to be born are accumulating over
time before a source geometry exists. For example, I create a grid in
sop followed by a Delete Sop with an expression like $FF<100. If I use
that as the source of a particles simulation, at frame 101, there will
be a lot more particles born then the following frames.

What I do to avoid that is create an area attribute, promote that to
detail and drive the constant birth rate with the "detail" expression to
get the amount that I multiplier by an arbitrary number. Particles has
been there for such a long time, I'm sure there's a reason why it's like
that or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

François