[Sidefx-houdini-list] Games engine compatibilty Houdini

Darran Edmundson darran at edmstudio.com
Mon Dec 1 08:56:38 EST 2008

Phil Spicer wrote:
> I remember a while ago SESI posted some news about Houdini now being compatible with a certain Games Engine. Can anyone remember what that Games Engine is?

A couple of years ago we commissioned an H8 exporter for the open-source
graphics engine Ogre3D (www.ogre3d.org).  One of the nice things about
Ogre, besides the vibrant user community, is the existence of mature
python bindings (http://www.pythonogre.com/).  It was always our
intention to open-source the exporter and port it to H9.  If there's
interest in this, we could go ahead and get it done post-haste ...

Cheers,
Darran

--
Darran Edmundson [darran at edmstudio.com]