[Sidefx-houdini-list] PC cache from Mantra into SOP space?

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 00:22:44 EDT 2008

Hi Jason,

Yep, this works great for pcwrite() to get it into Houdini. However,
when I try to use pcopen using:

Pin = ptransform("space:world","space:camera",P);

then a pcfilter() it doesn't work, I just get black back.

If I remove both transforms (out and in) then it works fine. This is
what I faced before, and why I ultimately took off the xforms,
sacrificing the ability to load the .pc correctly into Houdini for the
Mantra render turning out correctly.

I'll post an example on Odforce at some point, perhaps I'm thinking
about the Pin wrong...

Cheers,

Peter B