[Sidefx-houdini-list] Siggraph 2008

Rob Pieké rob-p at moving-picture.com
Mon Aug 18 04:31:33 EDT 2008

> What is this?... the most boring Siggraph....

It wasn't all bad. I _really_ enjoyed the talk by Ed Catmull and the
roundtable discussion on lighting for feature animation (especially the
contrast in approaches to production that arose - often following the
"small studio vs big studio" lines).

The Geek Bar was a pretty good idea ... although partially ruined by
that really annoying robot in front. I can still hear it chattering away.

> the most excitement at the Maya user group is about Mudbox...

That was a pretty sexy demo ... too bad the rest of the meeting was a
never-ending marathon of speeches and presentations.