[Sidefx-houdini-list] PC cache from Mantra into SOP space?

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 23:33:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

So, trying to load in a PC file written from a pcwrite() in mantra, into SOPs.

It all works except it's in the wrong space :(

I use a VOP SOP and use "optransform()" (sadly, I can find no equiv
VOP, have to use Inline VOP) which gives me the Camera's transform.
Taking the inverse of that and multiplying it by P makes things
better, but not perfect.

Of course, the .pc file was written after the Camera was moved to the
world 0,0,0 so this is logical.

Here's where my bad matrix knowledge trips me up: I know I need to
munge the optransform() matrix to transform that transform into
"Camera Space" (i.e. camera looking down Z at 0,0,0) but for the life
of me I can't figure out how. Anyone? Mario? :)

Cheers,

Peter B