[Sidefx-houdini-list] Copy COP

Olex P hoknamahn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 12:42:22 EDT 2008

Hi David,

It is possible to do using VEX COP filter/generator + point clouds. So you
could write your points into point cloud and then use those points as
centers of pictures you'd like to copy. First of all you have to use the
same coordinate space. More logical in this case is uv space. You can
convert P into uv in SOPs or inside COP filter. If you want to optimize the
sampling from point cloud you have to do convertation in SOPs (and then use
pcopen with uv coordinate instead of P). So basic algorithm is:
1. In current pixel sample open point cloud in uv coordinate with radius r
(radius depends on the size of pictures you want to stamp)
2. Loop through all points in radius
3. Calculate coordinate of sample on picture you want to copy using
coordinate of current pixel sample and current point in the point cloud
4. Sample a texture using calculated coordinate
5. Accumulate sampled value using any compositing operation
6. Finish the loop and save accumulated value into image plane(s)

Hope this help.

Cheers,
Alex.