[Sidefx-houdini-list] Siggraph 2008

Kurt Williams kurt at rhythm.com
Fri Aug 15 19:32:39 EDT 2008

P. Alex Lim wrote:
> For real? 2 Starbucko and 2 BofA on the same corner? I've gotta go check
> it out!
>
> I never understood why there has to be 2 starbucko, with one across the
> street from the other (literally). I can't remember which city I saw
> this... either it was in Vancouver or Portland. But interesting tho. (On
> a side note, where is Moon Penny again?)

The office tower complexes where those towers are located house about
50-75,000 folks during a given business day. Probably more. That's a lot
of bodies concentrated in one spot. Imagine what would happen if
everyone went there for a cup of coffee at the same time. It wouldn't
surprise me if there were more coffee shops tucked away inside the food
courts underground.

They opened one up near R+H a little while ago, occasionally you'll see
a little ant trail of TD's and artists running back and forth in that
area. Especially when the espresso machine here breaks down.